Group 1: Jan 9 – 17
Group 2: Jan 10 – 18
Group 3: Jan 16 – 24
Group 4: Jan 17 – 25
Group 5: Jan 23 – 31
Group 6: Jan 24 – Feb 1
Group 7: Jan 30 – Feb 7
The Chadar Trek or Zanskar frozen river trek is a winter trek in Zanskar Valley, Ladakh. The trek starts from Leh going through Shingra Koma, Tibb Cave, Nerak Camp concluding back in Leh. The 105 Km trek provides trekkers and hikers an amazing opportunity to trek on a frozen sheet of ice in sub-zero temperatures. The trek is operational during the months of January and February when the Zanskar river freezes into a solid sheet of ice.
Ladakh has various treks and beautiful camping locations. What sets Ladakh apart for travelers is the Chadar Trek which is quite challenging yet mesmerizing owing to its scenic beauty. That one glimpse of the topmost sections of the Himalayas would certainly awe an individual because of its breath-taking view.
The temperature during the trek varies from around -5 to -20 degrees Celsius and the trekkers would occasionally face steep rocks along with facing treacherous sections of the Zanskar River. While this trek would offer a lot of difficult challenges, to the maximum point of questioning oneself, one would find all the answers once you observe and become a part of the Mighty Himalayas. And trust us, it would certainly be a life-changing experience.
We do not hold the copyright to any of the videos that appear on the website. Video for representational purposes only.
• Expert mountaineering guide.
• Airport and Hotel/Guest House transfer once per group
• Transportation from Leh to Trekking Point on Day 4 and Trekking Point to Leh on Day 8.
• Daily Breakfast and Dinner starting from Day 1 to Day 9.
• Vegetarian meals on the trek (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) starts from Day 4 Pack Lunch to Day 8 Breakfast.
• Stay in Guest Houses/Hotels on a Double/Triple sharing basis in Leh on Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, and Day 8.
• Hot water in buckets shall be provided on request while staying in Guest House/hotel in Leh.
• Stay in Alpine/Dome Tents on a Double/Triple/Quad Sharing basis on Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, and Day 7.
• Common Kitchen/Dining/Toilet tents will be used during the trek.
• Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
• Porters for carrying common equipment (like rations/tents/utensils/groceries).
• Equipment – Tents on double/triple & quad sharing basis / Sleeping bags / Sleeping Mats during the trek.
• Basic First aid Kit with a portable oxygen cylinder.
• Facility of keeping extra luggage at Leh when leaving for the trek.
• Covid Insurance. (Covid negative test mandatory before 72 hours of commencement of plan)
For registration fill up the application form duly signed with advance fee of Rs. 7000 & one recent passport size photo. The balance amount payable before 30 days from program starting date. All the charges are per person. Cheque / DD should be in favour of Camp Wanderers, payable Ahmedabad. The organizers reserve the right of admission. The total cost includes accommodation, food & travel. Kindly submit photocopy of your Photo ID proof. You are supposed to carry an original copy of the same during the journey. In the absence of Photo ID, participants may have to pay fine.
Tented accommodation will be provided at each campsite. In case of Eco Camp / Jeep Safari, the same will be in hotel. Hygienic vegetarian food prepared by our cooks will be served at each Camp Sites / Hotels. Jain food will be provided on prior request. Participants have to manage drinking water and food on their own during the journey.
Unreasonable behaviour as well as use of drugs, alcohol & tobacco in any form are strictly prohibited during entire programme. Any defaulters will immediately be sent back at their own risk and cost & disciplinary action will be taken against them. The discipline also include to carry out any task in connection with the programme assigned by the Camp Leaders.
• Mask and Hand Sanitizer
• 2-3 Full Sleeve Shirts / T-shirts
• Rucksack with waterproof cover
• Day pack/small bag which you will carry on your back every day and keep your essentials in it ( Carry rain cover for your Day pack )
• Shirts / T-shirts – 2/3, Warm shirt/light micro fleece pullover/full sleeve T shirt
• Trekking Pants that are water resistant/repellent and having inside lining for extra warmth- 2
• Windproof/water resistant outer shell (jacket) of good quality with a proper hood
• Down jacket with min 600 fill power rating, Thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
• Thermal inner wear (upper and lower)
• Woollen cap, Inner fleece gloves, Outer water proof gloves
• Thick woollen socks and regular socks (4 – 5 pairs), Scarf/muffler (optional)
• Comfortable waterproof Trekking/Hiking shoes that come with a thick sole and high ankles
• Camp shoes such as sneakers/sport shoes or Sandal
• Raincoat / Poncho
• Small light weight towel
• Insulated water bottle
• Cap / floppy hat to keep the strong sun away from your face, Sun glasses with UV protection and ability to cut the glare (important when traversing through snow)
• Sturdy walking stick / Trekking pole
• Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm
• Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
• Medicines, if requiring any specific medication, Vicks if needed
• Personal toiletries
• Plate, Mug, Spoon
• Lunch Box for Pack Lunch
• Keep a few poly bags or waterproof bags in your bag in which if required you can put your belongings in case of heavy rain
• ID Card Mandatory
• Applicable GST (5 %).
• Personal trekking equipment – like Gum Boots, trekking poles, or sleeping bag liners.
• Personal insurance or the cost of an emergency evacuation.
• Purchases of personal items (like mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc).
• Personal Porters for carrying trekker’s backpacks @ INR 3750 Per 10 KGs for 5 days from Day 4 to Day 8 subject to availability at the time of booking.
• Lunch & Transportation when in Leh on Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 8, and Day 9.
• Medical Insurance is mandatory for Chadar trek.
• ALTOA Permission, wildlife tax, Environment Tax, Medical Insurance, Forest Permits, and camping charges of approx. INR 5000/- (The fee may be revised).
• Room Heaters at Guest House in Leh (We suggest not to use the room heaters as the same dehydrate the body and your body won’t get acclimatize to gear up for the Chadar trek).
• Cost of transport, meals and stay if in case you leave the trek in between and return to Leh before the scheduled arrival on Day 8.
• There is no centralized heating and Portable heaters provided
• Any special SOP’s included after the exchange of this proposal followed by all operators/organizers of Chadar Trek.
Please scroll up to see the fixed departures.
A great deal of preparation has gone into the planning of the camps / eco tours for ensuring safety. While every care has been taken to ensure safety of the participants, CAMP WANDERERS cannot be held responsible for any accident, illness and such other unforeseen eventualities. Organisers will not be responsible for loss, theft or any damage to participants luggage throughout the entire camp / eco tour. First-aid facilities will be available at every campsite. Those on special treatment or with known drug allergies should carry their own necessary medicines.
If cancelled before 1 month from program starting date, 25 % of total program cost will be deducted. If cancelled before 15 days from program starting date, 50 % of the total program cost will be deducted. If cancelled within 15 days from program starting date, no refund will be given. Cancellation charges will be applicable on total program cost. Kindly note that booking is not transferable. Learn more about our cancellation & refund policies here.